Saturday, June 6, 2015

Muhammad Khairil's Bronze Medal Gift To Coach V.Subramaniam

SINGAPORE, June 6 (Bernama) -- Malaysian athlete Muhammad Khairil Harith Harun dedicated the bronze medal he won at the 28th SEA Games here today to his coach V. Subramaniam who could not be present at the competition.

The 23-year-old youth from Pasir Mas, Kelantan took one hour, 40 minutes and 57 seconds to complete the Men's 20-kilometre Walk at East coast park near here.

Indonesia's Hendro Hendro took the gold in 1:34.23's, while Vietnam's Vo Xuan Vinh won the silver for his time of 1:38.38's.

Muhammad Khairil said he was satisfied with his performance despite missing the support of his coach.

"Alhamduillah, I am thankful for my achievement today although I was quite disappointed for failing to improve on my personal best of 1:29:40's which I made at the 1st Malaysia Athletic Federation Walk Circuit 2013 in Kuala Lumpur," he told reporters here Saturday.

Nevertheless, the bronze was an assurance to Muhammad Khairil after his failure to win any medal at the SEA Games in Myanmar two years ago.

Meanwhile, Elena Goh Ling Yi who competed in the Women's Walk was forced to accept her fourth placing after completing the race in 1:51.56s.

"I am not satisfied with my performance today but I hope to do well in the next competition; furthermore, this is my first participation in the SEA Games and I need more experience to progress," she said.

BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment