Saturday, June 6, 2015

Defending champ Cai Lin pulls out of 800m freestyle

Filepic of national swimmer Khoo Cai Lin.
Filepic of national swimmer Khoo Cai Lin.

SINGAPORE: Malaysia suffered a blow to their hopes of a gold medal start in swimming after Khoo Cai Lin pulled out from the women's 800m freestyle final scheduled for Saturday night. 

Cai Lin cited tonsillitis as the reason. She is the defending gold medallist in the event won in Myanmar two years ago. 

She swam the 400m individual medley in the morning but did not finish. 

"I have been having tonsillitis before arriving here and have not recovered yet. 


"I used the 400 individual medley as a test to see how I was feeling but I could not breathe half-way through my event. Too bad this happened now," said Cai Lin.

She is slated for another event - the 400m freestyle on Wednesday.

The Star Online

No comments:

Post a Comment