Thursday, November 17, 2011

SEA GAMES: Pandelela Rounds Off Diving Competition In Style

PALEMBANG, Nov 16 (Bernama) -- Pandelela Rinong Pamg provided the icing on the cake for the Malaysian diving contingent when she snatched the final gold on offer in diving at the 26th SEA Games in Indonesia Wednesday.

Not only did Pandelela win the gold, the 18-year-old also silenced the partisan crowd who had come in droves to see the diving action at the Jakabaring Aquatics Centre here, with an impressive score of 342.90 points overall in the 10m platform individual.

"Today I just did my normal diving because the competition here is not so stiff. I did not even need to go for a higher DD (degree of difficulty).

"However, I was not satisfied with my third and fourth dives. I encountered some problems as I was making my plunge," she said.

Besides Pandelela's gold, SEA Games debutant Kam Ling Kar also won a silver for Malaysia in the same event.

"Obviously, I am no match for Pandelela," said Kam, a double gold medallist in diving in the Malaysia Games.

Malaysia's final tally in diving here was seven gold, three silver and a bronze.

-- BERNAMA

From Farhanah Azmi

No comments:

Post a Comment