Wednesday, November 16, 2011

SEA GAMES: Bryan Bags Second Gold With Record Score

PALEMBANG, Nov 15 (Bernama) -- National diver Bryan Nickson Lomas has bagged his second gold medal at the 26th SEA Games in Indonesia here after collecting his highest personal score.

In the men's 10m platform individual today, Bryan, 21, obtained 500.80 points, the highest ever recorded by him in any competition.

"For the first time, I broke the 500 mark and I felt very good about it. It was my target to achieve the record score.

"If I could, I would like to achieve more. Maybe, I will go to China again after this in preparation for the World Cup next year," he told Malaysian journalists here.

According to Bryan, the focus of training now may be towards preparing for the 10m platform synchronised and 3m spring synchronised.

Meanwhile, compatriot Ooi Tze Liang took the silver with 445.25 points while the bronze went to Indonesian diver Muhammad Nasrullah who scored 420.85 points.

"The performance today was good and I am happy as I made less mistakes. I hope my future performances will be better," said the 18 year-old diver, is making his SEA Games debut.

Both divers are now focusing on the FINA 2012 World Cup in London in February next year.

-- BERNAMA

From Farhanah Azmi

No comments:

Post a Comment