Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Arianna Chow withdrawn from Sea Games waterski Squad due to Injury

KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 (Bernama) -- Water skier, Arianna Chow was officially withdrawn from the 28th SEA Games in Singapore next month, due to a severe arm injury, sustained in the jumps competition at the Indonesian Open, in March.

Malaysian Waterski and Wakeboard Federation (MWWF) in a statement said the Chef De Mission of the Malaysian contingent and Olympic Council Malaysia (OCM) were informed about her condition, this morning.

"I am naturally very disappointed to not make it to the SEA Games. However, much I may want to start training even today, I have no choice but to listen to the National Sports Institute (NSI) doctor's advice.

"This is for the sake of my future and some things simply cannot be rushed. I can't wait to start training but I wish my teammates great success at the Games," she said in the statement.

Team Manager, Hanifah Yoong said Chow was a strong contender to bag the women's tricks silver medal and perhaps also a silver in women's overall event.

"The (NSI) doctor had in no uncertain term stated in his last report that she cannot resume training for another four months. Chow is currently working hard in this respect with NSI physiotherapists," he said.

-- BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment