Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tracie won't get a ticket to Singapore SEA Games



PETALING JAYA: National artistic gymnast Tracie Ang will not be competing in the Singapore SEA Games in June.

The 21-year-old, who underwent a hip surgery in October, was informed by the Malaysian Gymnastics Federation (MGF) that she would not be considered for the biennial Games.
Tracie, however, was not distraught by MGF’s move.

“I understand the decision because I’m still undergoing rehabilitation. Plus, the doctors would not have allowed me to compete as it would be too soon for me to make a comeback after a major surgery,” said Tracie.

“I’m now doing a little bit of ballet and working on my upper body in the gym. The recovery is on track. It’s only been three months since the operation and I’m now able to do some light jogging too.”
Tracie will also miss the World Challenge Cup in Doha, Qatar, in March and the National Championships in April.

She plans to make her comeback at the 2015 Universiade in Gwangju, South Korea, in July.
For Tracie, her main focus is the Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in Glasgow in October. The championships will also serve as the qualifiers for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

“I’m looking forward to the Universiade in July, and getting back into competition mode. My main goal is to compete at the worlds and hopefully earn a spot at the 2016 Olympics.”


 by Ashreena Pillai - The Star

No comments:

Post a Comment