Thursday, November 10, 2011

Equestrian: Natasha on song

Natasha Ines Wah Idris is also the voice behind the Tourism Malaysia jingle Malaysia Truly Asia.
Natasha Ines Wah Idris is also the voice behind the Tourism Malaysia jingle Malaysia Truly Asia. 
 
NOT only can she sing but she hopes to prove she can ride too as Natasha Ines Wah Idris prepares to make her Sea Games equestrian debut in Jakarta next week. The voice behind the Tourism Malaysia jingle Malaysia Truly Asia is representing the country in an international event for the first time and can't wait for the showjumping competition to start on Nov 18.

"I've been riding since I was nine-years-old but this is my first time in an international competition," said Natasha, 19, who was part of the Federal Territories team which won the showjumping gold at the Malaysia Games in Malacca last year.

"I am excited but scared at the same time because of the pressure from the public who expect us to win gold. However, my parents have advised me not to think too much about it and just treat it like any other competition."
Natasha, the daughter of singer-composer Datuk Wah Idris and who will be riding Wacinta here, wants to be known as an equestrian competitor rather than a singer.

"For me, singing is more of a hobby. I am more serious about equestrian and I hope to do my best here having trained continuously for the last three months even though I have been travelling back and forth from England," added Natasha, who is majoring in politics and economics at Durham University.

Natasha is one of four showjumpers making their Sea Games debut with Tunku Nazroff Tunku Moksin the only experienced rider in the group having made three Sea Games appearances previously.

The remaining three debutants are Nabil Fikri Ismail, Nurlin Saleh and Sharmini Christina Ratnasingham.

Only the showjumpers are competing here this time and team manager Chevy Beh is confident of defending the individual and team gold medals won the last time the sport was held in Pattaya in 2007.

Read more: NST

No comments:

Post a Comment